Our
mission president, President Clayton, was just called to be a General
Authority Seventy!! All the missionaries sitting in the chapel during
conference inhaled all the oxygen in the room in a single gasp when we
heard his name! He will still be our mission president until July. We
will be sad to see him go, but I guess it is time to give him up and let
him bless the rest of the world! We are all so excited for him! Can't
wait for the first time I hear him speak in conference! :)
Randy
passed his baptismal interview!! We are excited for him to be baptized
this week! He has made some pretty grand life changes recently. And
about a month and a half ago, he woke up on a Saturday morning, and
prayed and asked God what church he should go to, what church would
accept him. And then the next thing he knew, he found himself at the
parking lot of our church on Stake Conference. He is sweet! Future
bishop, haha. It really is a privilege to be teaching him, though.
Conference
was amazing! I especially liked Elder Renlund's talk. Sometimes, I
think, "why is life so unfair? Don't I deserve more blessings than
this?" The truth is, as Elder Renlund pointed out, life is most unfair
for Jesus Christ. If life were truly fair in that sense, we wouldn't
have the opportunity to repent and receive forgiveness, and we would all
suffer endlessly for our sins. But because of the Savior, in the end,
we will receive far more than we deserve, and far more than we can
imagine. And how do we become more humble and decrease that sense
entitlement of blessings? Decrease the distance between the giver and
the receiver. Come closer to Jesus Christ by focusing on the Sacrament
and the covenants renewed throughout the week. The farther you are from
Jesus Christ, the more unfair life feels. Come unto him. How grateful I
am that all the seemingly unfairness of life is made right through the
Atonement of Jesus Christ!
Elder Holt
洪长老
| Caught him (Elder Turner) cutting his own hair again |
| SPACE CAT TACOS!!!!! |
| Elder Turner doing his thing |
Happy Birthday Austin!!! :)
EXCALIBER!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment