Speaking of
transfers, I got some exciting news! So, since Elder Gleave is leaving,
and President Shields is coming at the end of next transfer, President
Clayton decided to have tri-pan of assistants so that the transition is
more smooth to the new mission president. And the new assistant is...
Elder Carroll! Yes, my son!!! I am so excited! It will be me, him, and
Elder Forsyth rockin' it together next transfer! But wait, it gets
better! Since Elder Carroll and I are Chinese missionaries, our new
proselyting area will be Mississauga Mandarin! I'm back in Chinese
work!!! Woohoo!!! I thought I wasn't going back to Chinese work, so I'm
really excited!! :)
Even though we didn't have
as much proselyting time, we were able to spend some more time with
President Clayton! There is so much to learn from him! After one of
the specialty training neetings we had, we had lunch with President and Sister
Clayton, and he showed us the slideshows from the most recent mission
president seminars. It was eye opening to see how a lot of the things
President Clayton teaches us and the mission come straight from the
Apostles and Seventy. One of the things that was emphasized in that was
how we begin with the end in mind. One of the slides had the missionary
purpose, but at the end, instead of saying we help people "endure to the
end" it said "endure to the endowment." The goal is not just to get
people baptized, but to get them sealed to their family in the temple
and become lifelong converts that will influence generation to
generation. We want THEIR grandchildren to be growing up in primary,
going on missions, and being sealed to their family and ancestors. It
helped me see how true conversion now influences countless lives to
come. It is interesting that they defined "the end" as the endowment and
covenants in the temple.
An experience we had
this week confirmed that for me. Gaurav is a 20-year old Indian guy. A year
and a half ago, Elder Turner talked to him outside of a college, and 2
months later he was baptized. He has had some struggles recently, and
called us up randomly to meet. We met in the visitors center of the
temple, and there he talked about trials he is currently going through
with uncertainty with school, work, family, and future. We felt we
should talk about the endowment, and it turns out that was the reason he
wanted to meet. Gaurav feels he is ready to begin working towards
receiving his endowment and will talk to the bishop this Sunday. It was
amazing how the Lord has been working with Gaurav to help him on his
next path of conversion. Whenever Hindi missionaries are called to
Brampton and a Hindi ward is opened, I could see Gaurav making a fine
Bishop. ;)
Love you all! Thanks for the emails!!
No comments:
Post a Comment