This week was pretty packed! Haha I've never
wanted sleep more in my entire mission! Sunday night we drive to Bayview
to pick up Elder Carroll! It's sweet to be back with him! We were
rolling around in a quad-pan for a few days too, so that was fun :)
Monday after our morning meetings, we went to pick up the new
missionaries from the airport, had dinner with them at the Clayton's
home, and stayed at the hotel with them. It made me think a lot about
when I first came to the mission a year and a half ago, scared, not sure
what to do, in constant suspense and wonder about what the mission will
be like. It was an interesting feeling during the trainers meeting the
next morning when President announced the assignments of the trainees to
their trainers. The personalities, strengths and weaknesses, etc. all
matched up almost perfectly, and every time he called out the
assignments, there was a feeling like that was the right match up.
Amazing to see how president was inspired to make those assignments even
before he met the new missionaries!
Then comes the opposite end of the spectrum... being with the departing missionaries going home. Oh man... that was tough to see! And a little weird too... The night before they get on the plane they have a little testimony meeting with President and Sister Clayton, and that one was a tear jerker! Seeing missionaries I have looked up to for a year and a half finally go home was a weird feeling of reality for me... But luckily I have 6 months before having to worry about that! I'll definitely miss all those elders, especially Elder Gleave, who was just my companion. Hearing their testimonies and experiences from the 360 change 2 years in the Lord's service had on them.... it was very inspiring.
Then comes the opposite end of the spectrum... being with the departing missionaries going home. Oh man... that was tough to see! And a little weird too... The night before they get on the plane they have a little testimony meeting with President and Sister Clayton, and that one was a tear jerker! Seeing missionaries I have looked up to for a year and a half finally go home was a weird feeling of reality for me... But luckily I have 6 months before having to worry about that! I'll definitely miss all those elders, especially Elder Gleave, who was just my companion. Hearing their testimonies and experiences from the 360 change 2 years in the Lord's service had on them.... it was very inspiring.
A previous missionary here visited the mission and brought his family. His sister served a mission in Taiwan. Turns out her trainer was my MTC teacher! Small world, especially in the church, haha.
We met with this guy named Faraaz. He was a
member referral, and before we even started our first lesson with him,
he asks, "so do I need to get baptized to be a Mormon?" "Yes," we said.
"Okay, how can I do that?" We explained, and set him with a baptismal
date right there. He learns very slowly, so we will meet with him often
to make sure he understands everything. But hey, that one was a first
for me!
Well, that's all for now folks! Thanks for reading! Talk to y'all soon!
Elder Holt洪长老


No comments:
Post a Comment