Elder M. Russell Ballard came to visit Ontario this weekend! It was
awesome! It all started Friday, President Shields picked him up and
Elder Bennett, Elder Ballard's son-in-law and grandson from the airport.
We drove a separate car to the airport as well as like a
back-up/luggage carrier... they ended up not needing us when he arrived,
but we still got to meet Elder Ballard at the airport which was cool!
He organized a dinner with a bunch of his old friends from when he was a
mission president here, Friday evening, and then Saturday morning, he
spoke to all the missionaries! Almost the whole mission was gathered
together, and he told many stories about when he was a mission
president. He talked a lot about opening our mouth and talking to
everyone wherever we find them, whether it be at a gas station, grocery
store, or just out on the street. He would say things like, "I know this
works because I've seen it work on these very grounds when I was a
mission president!" It was amazing to see how much love he had for the
people for Ontario, which was especially evident when he spoke on
Sunday. You always have a special attachment and care for the people you
serve on your mission, even (and especially) the apostles.
In preparation for Elder Ballard's visit, I was reading his book
"Our Search for Happiness." It helped me know how to share our beliefs
to others of different faiths in a clear, powerful, and non-overbearing
way. And it has a lot of cool stories from when he was mission president
here. Really great book, I would recommend you read it :)
Love ya'll!
Elder Holt


No comments:
Post a Comment