Saturday, September 24, 2016

Week 98: Transfer week...

Well, it's been one of those weeks where all of our attention is on transfers... But on the bright side, Kenneth passed his baptismal interview, and he is getting baptized next Sunday! Hooray for him! He has come a long way, has quit smoking, and is excited to be baptized.

It's so weird next transfer is my last one. I miss everyone and love seeing the pictures and updates. But thinking about home sometimes stresses me out, I don't know why. As imperfect beings, the fear of regret and the feeling of "did I give it my all?" often sets in, and I think that's what I'm feeling a lot recently. Back home, the time to leave on a mission always seemed so distant, until the month I was supposed to leave just sprung up on me. That's kind of what it feels like  right now about ending the mission. I suppose now more than ever is the time to lose myself in the work. There's a lot of potential with the investigators we have been working with recently, so I feel like the Lord is giving me motivation to invest everything these last two months. So... just a few things that I've been pondering over lately, but overall I'm really grateful to be here.

Well, sorry, the update is short this week. Love you all!

Elder Holt

洪长老
On the left is Brother and Sister Yao. In the middle is our investigator, Brother Bai. He is such a sweat man. :)

Yudi and his wife Shuling!
Yudi is now in the middle. He is such a nice guy, and he loves teaching us Chinese. :)
Standards cake photos :)
 

This is Elder Taylor. I love serving around him!
Bedtime...

No comments:

Post a Comment