Monday, June 15, 2015

Week 31--Another transfer has flown by...‏

This was an awesome week!! I contacted a guy named Kevin on the street who said he met missionaries a couple years ago. We met with him twice this week, and he his super awesome! He has lots of desire to learn. During Sacrament Meeting, a speaker talked about her trials fighting cancer, and how it increased her faith, and he felt the spirit even to tears. It was a sweet experience.

On Tuesday at ESL, six new students showed up from Venezuela, 4 of them were already members, and the other two were interested in the church. So I got to give them all a chapel tour and a lesson in Spanish! That was super cool, and I'm glad I'm not forgetting Spanish! haha Every once in a while I have a chance to use Spanish, so I'm grateful for that!

So Elder Cheng and I are staying together in the same ward again for another transfer! Super excited! This past month seems to have flown by! We have been blessed with some awesome people to teach! I am glad I am staying with Elder Cheng... there is still so much more I need to learn from him before we are separated. I've learned a lot from each of my companions, and I have realized that everyone we meet and associate with in life, it happens for a reason. We all have something to learn from each other. That is part of why we are here on this Earth... we go through successes, trials, and challenges with others so we can support and learn from each other, and help each other come closer to God as we do so. Elder Cheng always talks about how his companions and the missionaries with whom he has served changed his mission, even his life. We all have that potential to be an inspiration to others and help them change, because we are all children of God and all have the potential to become like our Father in Heaven. It is all part of God's plan for us. It seems like we have been teaching the Plan of Salvation a lot lately, and it is so cool to see a lot of Chinese people who, because of the culture, have never thought about their life before and after their mortal existence change as they learn about their purpose in life, God's purpose for them in this life. Alma 34:32

Elder Holt
Hóng Zhǎnglǎo
洪長老

 
 
 Pictures after the ward picnic!
(Elder Cheng is so funny and silly, haha)



We cooked some chicken hearts... not sure if we are doing it right, but they tasted good!
 



This is the sister missionaries' investigator who just got baptized! He is sweet!!


BEST DISTRICT EVER!!!



 
 
Hot pot with Qin Xiao Yu! Super good!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment