Monday, June 29, 2015

Week 33--TRAINING!!!

So we got disappointing news this week... Our investigator Hana, who already passed her baptismal interview, decided to postpone the baptism to give her family a little more time to accept her decision. This past week her father strongly opposed her being baptized because they are a strong Buddhist family. Even though her parents live in China, Hana still wants to respect them. She has already made the decision to be baptized though, and she is pretty solid on that decision, so that's good!

On the bright side, Kevin passed his baptismal interview yesterday!!! He is super excited for his baptism coming up this Sunday! This is only his third Sunday coming to church, but he has already received wonderful fellowship from the ward... everyone loves him and talks to him at church, members are inviting him to their house for dinner, and he has been to a ward activity. He is kind of a quiet guy... kind of reminds me of myself. I still remember the first time I talked to him on the street about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Elder Cheng and I were street contacting outside of a college. I was really tired of talking with people--we had been contacting all day with little success. I just wanted to quit and go back to the apartment. But I decided to talk to one more person... and that's when I met Kevin! He had met missionaries in Waterloo, and wanted to come to church. So I got his number and called him that night. no response. called again. no response. next day. no response. texted the church address. no response. He didn't show up on Sunday. I was pretty disappointed and just forgot about him. But, a couple days later, I got the feeling I needed to keep trying to contact him... which I wasn't sure why. But I looked at the number I wrote down... and I got the feeling to change one of the digits and try again. So I tried it... and he answered!! He had been waiting for a text about church but never got it because I wrote his number down wrong! I don't know if it was the Spirit telling me the number was wrong, or just a lucky guess, haha. But regardless, I realized from the experience of finding Kevin that God is putting people in my path to find, and it is my responsibility to always be working hard so I don't miss those golden opportunities. And I now double check all the numbers I write down, haha.

One more piece of exciting news... we got a call from the mission president about 30 minutes ago. There is a new Mandarin missionary coming into the mission tomorrow... and Elder Cheng and I are going to train him!!!! So excited! I get to have a son!!! haha :D I'm kind of nervous about training - I feel like I sill have a lot to learn before missionaries start learning from my instruction and example. But... it will be fun! We are excited!

Elder Holt
洪長老


We found some tights in our apartment...
 


And some playing cards


 The North York, Sudbury, and Barrie Zones

From the Canada Toronto Mission Facebook page (June 28th):  "We just had four great Zone 
Conferences! We love it when we get to meet with these wonderful missionaries! They are the best!"

No comments:

Post a Comment