Monday, July 6, 2015

Week 34--We got a baby! And a baptism! :)

We had a special week, on Tuesday we picked up Elder Carroll from the mission office. He is our baby (new missionary)! It's fun, this is my first time training! Elder Carroll came out with a lot of fire, ready to work! He also studied mandarin for five years and graduated college with a minor in Chinese, so his Chinese is already a lot better than mine!
 From the CTM Facebook page: 
"We welcomed Elder Carroll to the mission on Monday--fresh from the MTC learning Mandarin. Welcome to the best mission in the world, Elder!" 

Kevin also got baptized this week!! He was the first person I found on the street who got baptized! I am so grateful for this opportunity to have met him. He is the most prepared person I have met to receive the gospel. I am so excited to see his growth in the church! His testimony at the baptism was super powerful!
Kevin's baptism 

Hana still has the concern about her parents opposing her baptism... :( we are working with her on that, hopefully she will be able to take the step of faith to be baptized soon. She is super sweet!

Sorry, this is kind of a short update, I will fill you in more next week!

Elder Holt

My two companions, Elder Carroll and Elder Cheng!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment