Monday, July 13, 2015

Week 35--Elder Carroll

I don't have much time to email to email today, someone is about to pick us up to go to Niagara falls any minute now!

We had a good week. My new companion is Elder Carroll. He is from Tucson Arizona. He came to the mission field ready to work. He is pretty awesome. He was fast tracked in the MTC (only there for 12 days) because his Mandarin is already really good. He is teaching me how to read and write in Chinese, haha. He also reminds me a lot of Ben in some ways... haha. He is very studious. He is only 18 and already graduated with a bachelors in history, and he minored in Chinese (similar to Ben's interests). He is pretty fast like Ben. He has Ben's same appearance. He is really spiritual and loves to read. There are a lot of other similarities I don't remember right now. Oh, and he can also speak quite a bit of Spanish too! Sometimes we have conversations in Spanish.

Everything else is going well. Kevin Su (our investigator) was just confirmed on Sunday. He is doing great!

I'm glad to hear you had fun in Canada! Grandpa and grandma's deck looks amazing!!! I wish I could have been there.

It is pretty exciting that Zak is leaving on his mission! And Josiah is about to come home soon, right? its crazy!
Sorry, we have to go soon. Talk to you next week! 
Les amo!  

我爱你们!

Elder Carroll's first time to eat raman!

Special dinner to celebrate Lance's birthday
 

No comments:

Post a Comment