This past week was Stake Conference.
Man, our stake president is going to be a general authority someday! He is one
of the most passionate, eloquent speakers I have ever heard! The Saturday
session was a question and answer period where anyone could write/text in
questions. In response to many questions, he spoke on loneliness, and how our
occasional feelings of loneliness help us understand a tiny fraction of the
loneliness Jesus Christ felt in taking upon himself the sins of the world. It
was a very powerful stake conference.
I went on many exchanges this week
(didn't spend much time in my own area, haha). We met some interesting people.
When I was with one of the zone leaders, we tracted a family from northern Iraq
who had been in Canada for a month. There was a father, wife, and 7 daughters,
and even though only one of the daughters could speak English and understand
more or less what we were saying, the father immediately invited us in, busted
out this weird, Middle Eastern guitar looking thing, and started playing for
us, haha. It was pretty impressive. Another time, we talked to an Arab lady
(who doesn't speak English) with her son outside their house. They were super
nice people, and as I pulled out a Restoration pamphlet, the son said, "Oh,
my mom would love this!" Knowing that she couldn't understand the English
pamphlet, I gave it to his mom and she started repeatedly kissing the picture
of Jesus on the front. Pretty cool I guess... I suppose that's what happens
when we go tracting in the Middle Eastern part of town haha. Ontario is not
really a melting pot, but more of a mixed, tossed salad. So many different
cultures, but the immigrants are very separate in where they live and
everything they do.
We found a few investigators this
week who have good potential, so hopefully we can break the seaming drought
that we have had for a lot of the transfer.
Alicia is doing well. She has read
like a third of The Book of Mormon since her baptism, and has notes and verses
highlighted all over her book. She also has SOO many deep questions as she
reads, some of them are things that I have never even thought about! haha. It is
interesting how teaching the gospel helps your own understanding of it broaden
and deepen. She is still working on a visa so she can go to the temple.
Love you all! Hope you have a great
week!
Elder Holt
洪长老
Elder Roberts and I. He is in my district. Hilarious guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment