Monday, November 30, 2015

Week 55 - Happy Thanksgiving!!


So we got transfer calls last night... and I will be staying yet another transfer in Windsor!! I'll get to spend Christmas and New Year here! :D However, Elder Lau is leaving. I'll miss him, my personal Hispanic food cook and Chinese tutor :( My new companion is Elder Stowell. I think he just finished training, so he is still a pretty new missionary. From what I've heard, he is pretty sweet and hardworking!


  Goodbye to Elder Lau :'(
Dec. 1st
 

No one here really celebrates American Thanksgiving, but we still got a turkey and pie for dinner from a really nice old couple in the ward who freaked out when they realized the missionaries didn't have a dinner appointment on American Thanksgiving. We are so close to the U.S. anyway... and seems like half the members here drive to Detroit on a weekly basis anyway.

I am super excited for Christmas! ("Christmas trunky!") Not just because it is something easy to bring up in street contacts that most people can relate to. ;) But during this season, families can come together, people are happier to serve one another, and most importantly, it gives us an opportunity to reflect on the God-given gift of having a Savior who atoned for our sins and makes up for all the imperfections and injustices in life. Encourage everyone to check out the new Christmas video the church came out with, entitled, "A Savior is Born"!!


We don't have a lot of time today because we have an almost 4 hour drive to Brampton tonight for transfers... :/ but I will have more exciting news next week!

Elder Holt


No comments:

Post a Comment