Life is still good here in Windsor! This past week, Elder Lau and I drove to Brampton for transfers. I got to see a lot of missionary friends with whom I served in Toronto and haven't seen for a while, so that was exciting! It was sad to say goodbye to Elder Lau, but my new companion Elder Stowell is awesome! He is from Sandy, Utah. He has only been out for a few months, but he is such a hard worker, great missionary, and his Chinese is really good, especially for being a fairly new missionary. He is still in his training, so I'll go ahead and claim him as my second "son" :)
We had a great week! We have a few
investigators who are so close to setting baptismal dates! One of them is
Neuman, who is an older Chinese man who comes to church every week with his 5
year old son. He said he wants to get baptized before the end of the year! :D Hopefully
he can stick to that! Another one is named Nill. He has been bogged down with
finals and presentations for school, so he didn't come to church. :( But he
fasted about his decision to be baptized and set a date. I have faith they will
both make the decision soon :)
Our mission has put an emphasis on
talking to everyone we see. And although it often seems no one is willing to
listen, we have seen blessings come as we were obedient to this. Walking back
to our car after an exhausting day of contacting people, a Chinese guy walked
by us and we said hi. He was really excited to talk to us, and told us he was
thirsting for answers to questions like what happens after we die. "I
believe there is something more than just what science explains, I just want to
find out what it is," he said. I was surprised! Very few Chinese people I
have met have this perspective and desire. His name is Leon, and we will meet
with him tonight to help him find the answers he is looking for that are only
found in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. As we are obedient, God places
his prepared children in our path.
![]() |
| Photo credit: Alicia |
We have had so many opportunities to
share the "A Savior Is Born" video this week! At members’ homes, during
ward council, with investigators, at the ward Christmas party, to random people
on the street, and even when we taught Young Women’s on Sunday (that was funny,
haha) If you haven't watched or shared it, I would encourage you to do so! christmas.mormon.org
#ASaviorIsBorn
Elder Holt
洪长老

No comments:
Post a Comment