Monday, December 21, 2015

Week 58 - MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!



Happenings this week...

So Elder Smith and I made our mission president cry out of laughter. We had a Christmas zone conference in Kitchener where we split up into groups and sang the "12 Days of Christmas" with each group acting/singing one of the days. Our group was the 5 golden rings, so when it came our turn, Elder Smith, holding a ring, got on one knee and proposed to me, and I pretended to be a lady who was freaking out. I guess it looked funny because President Clayton couldn't control his laughter and had to stop the song for like 3 minutes before he could recover and gain his composure. Mission Presidents are not robots. They have a sense of humor. :)

Zone Conference
From the Canada Toronto Mission official Facebook page--Dec. 18th post: "Merry Christmas to you all--what a blessing to know the reason we rejoice--we celebrate the birth of our Savior and King! How grateful we are to share this great good news by inviting all to receive the restored gospel of Jesus Christ!
We met with all of our zones these past two weeks for wonderful Christmas zone conferences! It is such a privilege to work with these wonderful missionaries! Missionaries instructed, we had delicious luncheons provided by the local Relief Societies, sang Christmas carols, and even had a rambunctious go at The Twelve Days of Christmas!
God bless us every one!"
Neuman passed his baptismal interview!! Woohoo! He refers to his investigating process as a "long journey," but he is finally ready for baptism on the 27th!!

Alicia got her patriarchal blessing! She hasn't straight up told her parents she has been baptized into the Mormon church for fear of their reaction, but needs to ask them about family history so she can take family names to the temple. She has been struggling with that since she was baptized. But during her blessing, she said she had the overwhelming feeling she needed to do family history and tell her parents about it!! We are praying that her family will take it well!

"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?" Our Father in Heaven has given us the greatest gift a father could ever give to his children, a Savior. Share the gift of a Savior this Christmas by sharing the gospel and serving others as the Savior did!

Thank you for the Christmas packages and letters!! I haven't opened them yet, but I look forward to it!

我感谢耶稣基督的诞生还有赎罪!我知道耶稣基督是我们的救主!祝你们圣诞节快乐
(Translation: I’m thankful for the birth and atonement of Jesus Christ! I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior! I wish you a merry Christmas!)



Elder Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment