Thank you for all the birthday wishes!! And the letters and packages!
Had
a great day on Halloween! Elder Lau made me some birthday waffles to
start off the day! We had Korean food for lunch with Alicia, our recent
convert, and Matthew (the Chinese guy with a sweet British accent).
 |
Birthday lunch with Alicia and Matthew!
|
 |
| They surprised me with a waffle
ice cream cake, a card, and a new tie! So nice of them! :) |
For
dinner we went to a member family's house named the Hamiltons, and ate
authentic, home-made poutine and smoked-meat sandwiches straight from
Montreal! Yum!! (food was a theme for the day)We did weekly planning
while everyone was out trick-or-treating, and the last birthday present
at the end of the day was an extra hour of sleep! (daylight savings,
woohoo) The next day Elder Lau grabbed a ton of Chinese peppers we
bought at the Chinese supermarket and made the the spiciest chicken and
rice I have ever eaten in my life. The boy loves spicy...
 |
| Birthday dinner at the Hamiltons! Delicious poutine sizzling off the plate zzzzz :) |
 |
| And a Halloween birthday pie! |
Other
than Halloween, the rest of our week was pretty busy. Midterms just
ended, so more people have time to meet (supposedly). I'm fighting to
not be super tired of contacting around the same area at the same
university on the same street everyday... Sometimes I miss Toronto
because there are so many places with Chinese people instead of Windsor
where there is just one. I say hi to the same uninterested Chinese
people everyday... and I sometimes feel like it is kind of pointless.
But yesterday, I talked to a couple Chinese girls I recognize from
before, and one of them says to me, "Hey! I wanted to go to church, but I
lost that card you gave me a while ago with the address! Now, my friends
and I just sit around on Sundays wondering which church to go to!" Just
when I think I have talked to every single Chinese student in Windsor,
God places someone prepared in my path as a way of reassuring me that
this is where I need to be.
And just a side
note since I brought up Toronto. I remember my last weeks in Toronto a
few months ago felt pretty slow and discouraging... our investigators
either dropped, were not really progressing, or went to China. But
yesterday, Lance, someone I found on the street almost half a year ago
in Toronto got baptized! And Yiwen, another person I found in Toronto
who came back from China recently, is also getting baptized in a couple
weeks! I testify that if we could fully see the individuality and uniqueness of God's plan for each and every one of his children, we would
realize that no missionary effort is wasted. :)
Elder Holt
洪长老
 |
| Doctor Holt and Doctor Lau at the Ward Halloween Party. |
 |
| Eatin' some Chinese durian fruit. |
 |
| Good stuff. |
 |
We all went to Leamington for a district beach selfie last week
This is at Leamington, in one of the most southern parts of Canada.
|
|
|
 |
| Not the ocean... but it still looks pretty decent. |
 |
| Good lookin' fish, eh? |
 |
| Soccer on the beach |
Some good views of Detroit at night
Brother and Sister Meynders are moving to southern Alberta...
They used
to hold weekly Family Home Evening for the Young Single Adults, and they
did a lot to contribute to the YSA fellowship, especially with helping
Alicia. We are sad to see them go and will definitely miss them, but we are
excited they'll continue to strengthen the stakes of Zion elsewhere! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment