I have probably eaten more Hispanic food this week than my whole mission. Elder Lau LOVES cooking and eating Mexican rice, beans, quesadillas, mole chicken, burritos, home-made tortillas, pupusas, any type of Hispanic food! I get out of the shower every morning to some homemade tortillas and egg breakfast. He also taught me how to make pupusas! :) Elder Lau insists on praying in Spanish when we eat Hispanic food to make the blessing more authentic, haha. We just match the language to the type of food we are eating (Hispanic, American, Chinese, Cantonese, etc.) It is super fun to serve with Elder Lau! He is a goofball and loves to have fun! Also, he has already served here in Windsor for about 8 months before, and most of the members love him! So when he came back this week, it felt like a homecoming, which resulted in a numerous quantity of dinner appointments! ;)
Alicia
got confirmed last Sunday!! Woohoo!! Elder Lau did the confirmation in
Chinese. We had a mini celebration for her confirmation at a member's
house, and Alicia said that the confirmation helped her know that she is
on the right path right now! :)
It's weird to
think that I'll be 20 soon... and that I will hit my year mark in less
than a month!! It's so crazy! I still have so much to learn! Time flies
when you are serving the Lord! :)
Elder Holt
No comments:
Post a Comment