Monday, March 7, 2016

Week 69: Another miracle week in Barrie!!‏

This week as a zone we focused on finding 2 new investigators in every area. After we found our new investigators, we went to other areas to find for them. All 10 companionships in the zone found at least two new investigators, and many found more! It's cool to see the miracles that came from this zone focus and hearing about all the different experiences at the end of the week! From this, learned a lot about diligence and the miracles it brings. When you are working all week, even up until the last minutes of Sunday night, the Lord will bless you. When we endure to the end, up until the last years of our lives, the Lord will bless us. :)

Tristan is getting baptized this Saturday the 12th!! He is Toby's 9 year old step son. We had to push his baptismal interview to tonight, so we are super excited!! :)

Randy is an investigator who randomly showed up to stake conference last Saturday and said he wanted to get involved with church and God. We met with him at a Tim Hortons during the week, and he came to church yesterday and brought his soon to be 12 years old son. Randy had an amazing experience at church!! It couldn't have been that much better! Especially during elder's quorum. It was his first time at church, and he was joking around with all the guys as if he had known them for years! And because he was asking questions, the whole elder's quorum seemed to be teaching Randy throughout the lesson. All the experiences and testimonies they shared were directed to him... and Randy was soaking it all in! He loved it! And that was also one of the most focused, spirit-led, and on-topic elder's quorum lessons I have been in throughout my whole mission. I think one of the reasons was because there was a super solid prepared investigator sitting in the room. When preparing church meetings and lessons, I think a good question to keep in mind would be, "How can I make this the best experience for the first-time, newcomer, seeker of truth sitting in the corner of the classroom or in the back of the chapel?" "Is what I am teaching simple and clear enough for them to understand?"  "Do my comments invite the spirit?" As I ask myself these questions and others like them, church becomes an opportunity to focus on helping others, which in turn makes it that much better of an experience for myself. Some of the church meetings I have gotten the most out of have been on the mission, when I am almost totally focused on making it a better experience for others. Interesting how that works :)

Love ya'll!!! :)

Elder Holt
 洪长老
The Fababiers, a Filipino family that lived in Toronto when Brother Todd Hamblin was the bishop there. They moved to Barrie a few months ago. We had dinner with them last night. They are a super awesome family!! Really funny!! And they miss the Hamblins! :)
Gotta have a selfie
I have lost my trust in milk bags. One of them decided to self destruct in our fridge. I miss the jugs. :'(

We had Roti... some of the best food on the planet!
 
WHEN YOU FEEL IT LET SHOUT!
Chillin.

No comments:

Post a Comment