This was my first week away from my trainer (or my "father" as may call them here). I have served with Elder Womack since January, so it felt a little strange and empty for a few days, haha. The person I had relied on since coming to Canada is now gone (well, temporarily at least). But I'm lucky to have Elder Cheng as my comp. He is a Chinese person who loves American culture, and he makes me laugh all the time.
This week was kind of disappointing in
the way of missionary work. I feel like Elder Cheng and I worked like
crazy all week finding new investigators and teaching, but at the end of
the week a few of our investigators sent us texts saying they didn't
want to meet anymore, and our investigators who were going to come to
church bombed on Sunday morning. But this week is a new hope!
So
tomorrow I hit my half year mark.... wow how time flied!! Everything...
saying goodbye to my ol' Kentucky home, walking into the first MTC
class with the teacher speaking Chinese to me as I understood, my first
week being thrown into the Great White North, the intitial shock of
sitting through a lesson in Chinese not understanding a word, laying on
my bed at night wondering what I was doing here, the friendships I have
developed with members, investigators, and missionaries over the past 6
months, and even a couple weeks ago when Elder Womack, Elder Cheng, and I
were still together... it all seemed to zoom by in a blur. But one
thing I do know for sure is that I have never grown so much as I have
this past half year. There is no growth in a comfort zone, and there is
no comfort in a growth zone. I have never been so out of my comfort zone
as I have on my mission. I have seen miracles, disappointments,
struggles... but overall, my testimony and trust in the Lord has
strengthened so much because of it.
Elder Holt
Hóng Zhǎnglǎo
洪長老
洪長老
MOTHER'S DAY SKYPING!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment