Something
I've realized is that every investigator who is progressing towards
baptism that I have worked with has encountered obstacles along the
path. Every one. Sometimes it is frustrating, discouraging, or
disappointing when they cannot overcome these obstacles. But every good
thing that happens in life will have some obstacles to overcome in order
to achieve it. It reminds me of the months leading up to me leaving on a
mission. I felt the adversary throwing obstacles in my path, trying to
prevent me from going. You could say it is trial of faith. Or that in
order to truly appreciate the wonderful thing that will come into your
life, you need to experience a bit of sacrifice or hardship. But one
thing I do know for sure - God does not leave us alone during those
times. He is always there to uphold you and lift you up.
Nothing
super exciting this week. As part of immersing myself in the culture,
Elder Cheng and I have been doing our P-day shopping at Chinese
supermarkets. He is trying to make me more Chinese, and I try to make
him more American. I think it's working... haha
Elder Holt
Hóng Zhǎnglǎo
洪長老
"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."
洪長老
"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."
Isaiah 41:10
| Found my chapel the other day |
Our balcony continues to be a home for the birds
No comments:
Post a Comment