Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 25: No more tri-panionship...

Yesterday night was transfer calls, and the whole week I was anticipating leaving to another area. However, we found out that Elder Cheng and I are staying in the Bayview Ward! Elder Womack is leaving to serve as a Zone Leader, and Elder Cheng is going to become the District Leader here. A lot of changes for everyone except me, haha. I am excited to keep serving with Elder Cheng, especially because he is my first companion I will serve with not in a tri-panionship. Elder Cheng is one of the funniest missionaries here, so I am excited to stay with him, but this means I will have to step up and contribute a lot more now. Which is a little overwhelming serving in a full Chinese ward...

Other than transfer calls, the other exciting thing this week was Arella's confirmation on Sunday! She bore her testimony in Sacrament Meeting (which was amazing, she has the most touching of almost anyone I know). And she has already done missionary work! She showed on of her best friends the pamphlets and the Book of Mormon we gave her, and after that, Arella's friend decided to go home pray and read the Bible for the first time in a while. The very next day, she ran into the sister missionaries on the street, has been meeting with them, and is planning to get baptized in the following month!

There is a chain reaction that happens with missionary work. It is difficult to see just how far your efforts reach. That is something I have learned, and I am grateful to have been a part of Arella's conversion. It has given me so much strength in these past few months.

Elder Holt
Hóng Zhǎnglǎo
洪長老




Three baby pigeons hatched on the balcony
 Photo credits: Elder Womack

No comments:

Post a Comment