Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Week 27: Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel!‏

So, I feel like I have worked harder this past week than I have any other time on my mission so far... and I was happy about it! And we finally saw some success from it! We had appointments back to back for a lot of the week, and by Sunday night Elder Cheng and I were completely exhausted!

Cool story this week. An older couple from our ward invited us over for dinner. They have 7 people from India living in their basement, and when we get to their house, we find out that the member had invited them all for dinner so that we could teach them! So after eating a ton of Indian style chicken and rice, Elder Cheng and I sat with them around the dinner table and taught them all about faith in Jesus Christ and read out of Alma 32 in the Book of Mormon with them. It was sweet! We said a prayer with them, and one of them afterwards said he could feel a warm, peaceful feeling during the prayer. We came back the next day to meet with them with the English missionaries, and two of them committed to be baptized! Miracle of the week!

This week as been a turn around for our area. Reminds me of this scripture in Alma 26.


 27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.



Elder Holt
Hóng Zhǎnglǎo
洪長老



No comments:

Post a Comment